Miss us in ACIC? Come visit..

Miss us in ACIC? Come visit..

Featured ACIC Alumni: Sue-Bien Paderes Halipa

Posted on
  • Sunday, November 20, 2011
  • by
  • in
  • Labels:
  • The first international student in ACIC. A Top Achiever in academic with a warm sunny personality everybody loves and enjoy. That's Sue-Bien. Originally from the Diploma in Leisure Management June 2007 intake, Sue-Bien shares with us how she handles her working life now and shares a secret on her academic achievement.




    Q: How was your studying years at ACIC before?
    SueBien:
    My studying years was not that hard, because of the accompanies i had during those years. The lessons, assignments, and exams were tough but it was manageable, because i felt like i was studying but a the same time we are also having fun! It’s like making our passion a living during our studying years.


    Q: What is your secret to become a top achiever in academic?
    Sue Bien:
    A secret? I think there was no secret, in becoming a TOP ACHIEVER. I, myself was also shocked but extremely happy to hear about the good news. Not that i am not confident of myself but because i had so many intelligent friends too. There’s no SECRET but there’s a HOBBY TO HAVE in becoming a top achiever and that is to  UNDERSTAND YOUR LESSON, ANALYZE and try to APPLY it in your daily life. And enjoy every knowledge that you get. Please don’t memorize, it won’t help you!


    Q: One of your sweetest memories in ACIC is...
    Sue Bien:
    I have lots of sweetest memories, but my most favourite moment was that on during our MICE event practices. It was the time when me and my batch mates got the chance to know each and everyone of us, it was the time for us to mingle and bonded. It made us so close to each other.


    Q: Describe about your job now.
    Sue Bien:
    My job now is..i am currently managing our family business in our hometown. I do all the reservations and supervisions of the staffs. And all the decision making is made by me. At the same time i am a part time instructor at our local institute under the Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management (BSHRM), teaching tourism subjects in 1st , 2nd and 4th year college students.


    Q: What is the biggest challenge in the working world?
    Sue Bien:
    For me, the biggest challenge in the working world is to test yourself how well will you stand in your chosen career. And i think most of the fresh graduates find it very challenging to find job and the challenge of showing yourself to the employer how good you are in their company.


    Q: Describe yourself in three words.
    Sue Bien:
    Dedicated. Jolly. Practical.


    Q: Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
    Sue Bien:
    I see myself five years from now, i am successfully enjoying the fruit of my labour. I am able to send myself back to school to further my studies to a degree and continuously making a difference to be different from the usual.     


    Sue-Bien with her batch mates at Pekan Nabalu, en route to the Moroli river in Ranau.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment